To provide care, leadership and to guide the cabin group (8-10 campers) in daily activities including program areas, campfire and meal times.
- Be 18 years or older
- Desire to work with campers with developmental, physical and emotional disabilities.
- Flexibility with ability to accept supervision.
- Ability to relate to one's peers as well as camper.
- Emotionally mature, willing to accept responsibility.
- Exhibit the ability to place the needs of the campers and the camp above their own.
- Team player that can relate positively to all staff, volunteers and campers.
- Be in good health, vitality and physical stamina.
- Live in a cabin with campers. (1 to 4 ratio)
- Assume responsibility for leadership and guidance of those campers in daily living, with special attention to: personal hygiene and safety, camper participation in all camp activities, mealtime behavior and habits.
- Assume responsibility for interpreting the rules, policies and traditions of the camp to the camper.
- Serve as a good example in personal language, appearance and health habits.
- Assume responsibility for health and welfare of campers entrusted to his or her charge.
- Assumes all other duties and assignments deemed appropriate by the Camp Directors and Program Director.
- Be physically able to accompany the campers to any of the camp activities.
- Be able to physically lift, pivot and transfer campers with assistance.
- Be able to communicate verbally with campers and provide instructions.
- Have visual ability to recognize hazards in the camp setting as well as physical symptoms of camper injury and illness.
- Have auditory ability to respond appropriately to hazards and any camper concerns.
- Be able to observe camper behavior in daily camp life, to respond verbally to health and safety concerns and to deal appropriately with any improper behavior.
- Achieve the goals and objectives of camp, in the lives of campers and in your own personal life, by operating a creative, safe and fun program.
- Ensure that campers acquire a sincere appreciation of Camp achieving an increased sense of self-esteem related to their own creativity.
- Make a positive affect on the life of each camper you come into contact with and strive to provide each camper with a fun and rewarding camp experience.
||Camp Directors and Program Director
||$390 for dates of service
|Dates of Service:
August 10-17, 2014 / Training: August 9-10, 2014