Camp Ronald McDonald®
at Eagle Lake
A Project of RMHC® Northern California

Camp Lotsafun

Contact Person: Gayla Ouelletle
Address: 3660 Baker Lane, #103
Reno, NV 89509
E-mail: gayla@camplotsafun.com
Mission Statement: Camp Lotsafun provides recreational, therapeutic and educational opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities, while providing respite care for their families. Children teen and adults with disabilities are often excluded from social interactions and free play with peers due to their inability to verbally express themselves, short attention span, and lack of interaction with others. This often leads to social isolation and decreased physical activity.
Number of Campers: 60-65
Age Range: 10-99 years old
Profile of Campers: 60% of Camp Lotsafun participants have Autism; the other 40% consists of children with Down syndrome, Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder, Bi-Polar Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, Traumatic Brain Injury, and many other disabilities. In addition, many of the participants have a secondary diagnosis such as: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Sensory Integration Disorder, and/or Post Traumatic Distress Syndrome. These disorders may negatively affect their ability to control impulses, interact and communicate appropriately with peers, identify social cues, and maintain personal care and hygiene.
© 2015 RMHC
The following trademarks used herein are owned by McDonald's Corporation and its affiliates; McDonald's, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Ronald McDonald House Charities Logo, RMHC, Ronald McDonald House, Ronald McDonald Family Room, and Ronald McDonald Care Mobile.
RMHC is recognized as a public charity under Internal Revenue Code section 509(a) and has 501(c)(3) status. Donations to RMHC are deductible. Donors should consult their tax advisor for questions regarding deductibility. The RMHC EIN is 36-2934689. A copy of the RMHC determination letter is available upon request.